Volunteer at a Nepalese Orphanage
Location: Lalitpur, Nepal
A non-governmental, non-profitable and non-political orphanage established to work in the sector of helpless, street and orphan children found within Nepalese society.
My wife Anita and I started this orphanage five years ago in order to help children coming from very poor families, problematic families or children abandoned in the street. We now host 11 young boys and girls from the age of 8 to 13 and provide them with shelter, food, recreational environment, good education and of course love! :)
All accommodation and 2 meals a day are included for $5 per day, this also includes airport pick-up and drop-off as well as donation to the orphanage (any extra food or travel needs to be paid for by volunteer).
Our orphanage is located in Dholahity in front of Motibinayak government school, Lalitpur near Patan in Kathmandu.
Type of Help:
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
Of course not all the days are the same, but here is a quick overview of what a common day looks like in our orphanage:
1. Wake up in the morning and quick cleaning of the house and surroundings
2. Help children with their homework and take breakfast
3. Distribute the meal
4. After meal, make them brush their teeth
5. Help the children to wear their school uniforms
6. Bring them to school
7. Clean kitchen, utensils and rooms of the children
8. After finishing the work then you'll have free time. In that time, if you want to, we can work in office for promoting the orphanage
9. Bring the children back home from school
10. Snacks at home and playing time. Then, we have to teach and help them to do their homework
11. Once dinner is ready we have to serve the dinner to the kids
12. Make the kids brush their teeth, clean utensils and clean the kitchen
13. Go to bed
If you need free time in order to visit the surroundings, we are pretty open as we want you to feel comfortable in our orphanage. So unless we absolutely require your help one day, there is no reason we are going to refuse it.
We also invite you to visit our families in the countryside of Nepal, near Pokhara, with hot springs, beautiful landscapes and historical buildings in Mallaj. You will be able to get to know traditional Nepalese life, to help in the field and to participate in Nepalese festivals. If you are interested, we would kindly ask you to pay for the transport which would amount to around 80$. But we are sure it will be a good investment.
Separate room with 3 beds for volunteers. Nights are quiet and we usually sleep pretty well in our house :) We also have wifi.
Volunteers Feedbacks 0 votes