English Teaching Internship - Costa Rica
Location: Alajuela Province, Costa Rica
Voluntary internship placement at local community language centre in a small traditional Costa Rican town.
We are looking for volunteers to work as teaching assistants. Volunteers will work alongside local teachers and other volunteers to help in the classroom. Volunteers will be working with young children aged 3 up to older teenagers. Roles include helping to organize and plan classes, games and activities.
Our organization works with local school children to give them English language education. We try to have an interactive and fun approach to our classes and we are looking for volunteers who can bring energy and new ideas to the classroom.
We accept volunteers from February to December and we have a minimum commitment of 6 weeks but longer stays are given preference.
Volunteers typically work around 25-30 hours per week with weekends free to explore Costa Rica if they choose.
Volunteers will receive;
- Comfortable accommodation (only ever shared with another volunteer of the same gender) with private hot water bathroom, WiFi and laundry facilities.
- Meals and/or food allowance.
- Airport collection/drop off (depending on flight times).
- Reference and letter of recommendation from project director.
- Free travel advice for Costa Rica.
- Option to complete a distance learning TEFL qualifications while you volunteer at no cost.
For more details information please contact us.
Volunteers Feedbacks 0 votes