Online volunteers urgently needed by Kabira Community Development and Child Support Organisation
Location: Mityana/Uganda, Uganda
Our organization depends on the generosity of donors and volunteers to achieve our goals. There are different ways of supporting our cause and we welcome any help we can get;
Currently there's also an opportunity for Online volunteers in the following fields.
- Research & recommend funding options
- Set up our facebook page
- Update our website
- Write a funding grant proposals.
Also needed are volunteers in the following areas:
1. Teaching English /Mathematics .
2. Small business skills trainer.
3. Soccer/football trainer
4.Vocational skills trainer
5.Community development worker
7.Youth HIV/AIDS Educators/counselors
8. Medical assistance.
9. Health and hygiene assistance.
10. Environmental conservation assistant.
11. Database and website developer.
12. Construction and maintenance support.
13. Youth outreach program.
14. Agriculture program.
We welcome all to volunteer and work with us in Uganda!
When we need volunteers
Throughout the year.
Although the teaching program is available from January to May, from June to August ,and from September to November in each year.
Do we require a minimum duration?
Yes, we require a minimum of 1 days, 3 months maximum duration of stay.
Volunteering with us is suitable for
Individuals ,Family with KidsGroups,Retirees,Disabled and interns
What we Provide
Volunteers will stay in a Guest house/ volunteer house/home stay . For a volunteer house,volunteers can expect to share a room with 1 to 4 other volunteers of the same gender. Home stay can accommodate up to 3 volunteers at a time.
Rooms have a lot of space and are of high quality. We have hot showers and permanent water supply, electricity and security 24/7 and TV are available.
-Bedding will be provided.
-Housekeeping and laundry are offered for $5 a week.
Variety,Vegetarian,Accommodate Dietary Restrictions
We provide 2 meals per day -- breakfast, and dinner. Lunch will be responsible for a volunteer him/herself.
Breakfast usually consists of toast, eggs, noodles, tea, or coffee. Dinner often is chicken curry, pasta, noodles etc.
If you need bottled drinking water you need to purchase, 1 litre is 0.7 USD .
If you have any special dietary requirements, please let us know so we can make arrangements for you. We will do our best to see that you are well taken care of, but as a volunteer, there is a need to be flexible.
We don't charge for volunteering.However the following services have to be catered for by the volunteer himself:
- Accommodation ( Home stay /Volunteer house/Guest house
- meals a day.
- Pick up at Entebbe International Airport
- Hospital transport (if needed we provide for free at any time).
- First aid support if needed
- Drop off
- You will need to purchase a local SIM card
- Weekend Tour (Lake Wamala ,Hot spring , Safari to Semliki or Queen Elizabeth National Parks or Hiking Mt.Rwenzori)
- Fare to public transport from the volunteer house /home stay to the working place ( If you need us to pick you up , you need to contribute USD 50 per week).
Kindly also visit us on www.kacode.org
Volunteers Feedbacks 0 votes