VOLUNTEER SERVICE TO SUPPORT THE REHABILITATION OF CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Location: Lima, Peru
Assist in the processes of rehabilitation and psychomotor activities in children and adolescents who are users of the C.E.B.E. Jesús Nazareno under the direction and accompaniment of the centre's professional staff.
LINES OF ACTION:
The center of special basic education attends to boys/girls who present the following types of disability:
- Intellectual impairment (mental retardation) Sensory impairment (blindness and subnormal vision, hearing and language)
- Motor impairments (physical impairments)
- Behavior mismatches and also those with outstanding faculties.
Social problem of the project:
- Deficient service, support and advice for the care of children with different abilities in the area of Chulucanas and surroundings.
- Ignorance of the principles of integration and normalization in terms of educational inclusion for children with different abilities.
- Inclusion in our country is in the process of construction due to the lack of educational policies that improve student learning and participation.
Causes of the Social Problem of the Project:
- Lack of development of adequate systems of promotion, disability prevention, health promotion and development of motor skills.
- Lack of awareness of civil society and community in the treatment of people with different abilities.
- Lack of promotion of educational projects that overcome learning barriers for students with special needs.
- Lack of creation of networks of inclusive educational centers that allow for good educational practice.
- Lack of educational agents for adequate support in overcoming the difficulties of people with different abilities.
- Lack of creation of family movements and social mobilization in favor of educational inclusion.
Aimed to benefit:
Children with mild, moderate and severe disability problems from families in a situation of poverty and risk of social exclusion.
38 students who are attended in the classrooms of the special center.
34 students who are in the inclusive schools.
We promote the development and practice of values in volunteer service and development of activities with the population.
- Physical Rehabilitation Service.
- Hearing and Language Rehabilitation Service.
- Work training.
- Service of care and attention of the minor.
ACTIVITIES TO BE DEVELOPED BY THE VOLUNTEER:
- Support for the Physical Rehabilitation Service:
- Support for stimulation treatment and early intervention
- Motor re-education
- Support in the organization of activities for social inclusion
Hearing and Language Rehabilitation Service:
- Language Stimulation Support
- Support for Orofacial Therapy
- Support for Learning Therapy
- Support for Speech Therapy
- Job readiness
- Activities of daily living and fine motor skills
- Sensory integration
- Self-esteem workshop
- Behavior modification workshop
- Attention deficit and hyperactivity workshop
- Postural alterations workshop
- Workshop on Play and Psychomotor Development
- Music Therapy Workshop
Service of care and attention of the minor:
- Support with food, cleanliness and accompaniment
Profile of the Volunteer:
- Preferably an adult person, with a great deal of touch and sensitivity, understanding, perseverance and patience, people motivated by solidarity, monitors and/or energizers, professionals and other amateurs.
- Students, professionals or amateurs in psychology, physical therapists, hearing and language therapists, specialized teachers with inclusive education studies, cultural animators, social promoters for work with families, workshop leaders, neurologists, etc.
- Adaptability and ability to cope with new challenges, work in a team and share responsibilities in living together with a multinational team of volunteers.
- Basic knowledge of the Spanish language.
Volunteers Feedbacks 0 votes