ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION PROGRAM
Location: Lima, Peru
This project seeks to sensitize the student population at the primary and secondary levels on the subject of caring for the environment, through workshops, forums, awareness and guidance activities, etc., with the support and participation of teachers and parents, in order to promote concrete actions and create a culture for the care and protection of our environment.
Social Problems of the Project:
- Destruction of natural flora and fauna
- Environmental pollution
- Unconscious use of water
Causes of the Social Problem of the Project:
- Ignorance of an environmental culture in the student and community population.
- Indifference of local authorities in the management of environmental issues.
- Lack of management and treatment of solid waste by students and the community.
Aimed to benefit:
Students of elementary and high schools of Educational Institutions and social organizations of the communities of the Region Piura.
The project "Let's take care of our environment! Focuses on five themes:
- The Environment and Pollution
- Waste and recycling
- Biodiversity and conservation
- Climate change and the use of natural resources
- The reuse of solid waste
The proposal is that the volunteers will provide environmental education in the selected schools. During this time, they will also develop practical activities with the students and the community. In a first stage of the project, educational materials will be developed and a second stage, they will participate in workshop sessions in the selected districts.
The aim of the workshops is for children and young people to develop a good understanding of what the environment is and why it is important to care for it. The workshops will be dynamic and interactive, so that students can learn and enjoy at the same time.
ACTIVITIES TO BE CARRIED OUT BY THE VOLUNTEER:
- Sensitization through workshops for primary and secondary level students on environmental issues.
- Elaboration and design of educational materials related to the environment.
- Development of training and awareness-raising projects on caring for the environment.
Volunteers Feedbacks 0 votes