Do you have a desire to make a difference in the lives of disadvantaged teens
Location: Accra, Ghana
We are a Foundation initiated by the married couple Mark (from Ghana) and Petra (from the Netherlands) working with a small team of volunteers and a minimal budget, led to make an impact in the lives of disadvantaged children and teenagers in Ghana by sharing the love of God with the world. We are currently working with a small team, but our vision is bigger! Our office is located in Accra, but projects are situated across the country.
We are looking for a wide range of volunteers, ranging from the ones able to dedicate as less as 30 minutes a week to our Foundation from their home country and help us with for example fundraising activities or general administration tasks, as well as volunteers that are willing to travel to Ghana and help us here in person with managing and implementing our projects.
A small description of the volunteers that we are looking for in Ghana can be found below, but feel free to contact us as well if you feel led to help us from your own country too.
We are looking for volunteers that have a pioneer spirit accompanied with lot a of initiative and enthusiasm, with the desire to make a difference in the lives of disadvantaged teens and children. Volunteers can assist in the strategic planning and administration of several projects, as well as practically assist in the projects itself. We are also looking for people that can help us with fundraising and marketing activities. There is a lot of work to be done, depending on the interests and capabilities of the volunteer, we can discuss and find the best fit for the volunteer and our Foundation.
Some of our projects include:
*️Social Community Projects such as the Education Support Project, School Transport Project, Community Sports Development Programme, Creative Arts Workshops, Food for the Orphanage, Family Support Programme
*️Children and Teens Outreach (Training) Programmes
*️Global Media Evangelism Outreach
In our bid to achieve these projects, we are looking for volunteers to play a role in the following areas:
• Development and implementation of research and data collection strategies in targeted communities;
• Development and implementation of project impact assessments in targeted communities to identify various needs;
• Development and implementation of training modules of local coordinators for projects and coordination of mentorship programmes;
• Identification, development and implementation of fundraising and sponsorship opportunities;
• Identification, development and implementation of public relations and networking strategies.
• Development and implementation of our online media strategy (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, newsletter, blogs, website);
• Audio-visual documentation of projects;
• Writing of strategic documents such as annual report, strategic plan, project proposals, progress reports, impact assessments, etc;
• Project financial accounting and auditing.
Please get in touch with us for more details.
We are a Ghanaian NGO working with a largely-dominated Ghanaian team. Next to your work as a volunteer which will give you a lot of exposure and experience to the Ghanaian culture and lifestyle, we would help you to taste the Ghanaian life by taking you to weekly activities such as the local market and grocery shopping, church, visits of friends and families, celebrations and parties, and so forth.
We have free accommodation available in our three-bedroom apartment in Accra. The office of the Foundation is at the same location.
Accra is a buzzing city with nice restaurants, pubs, shopping malls, and swimming pools. At the same time, Accra has a lot of local spots and markets to discover as well. The Ghanaian community is very warm hospitable and friendly, and there is a large international community as well. You feel easily at home!
Several resorts and guesthouses on 2-3 hours from Accra are found if you would like to spend the weekend outside the capital city and discover more of this beautiful country. Transport is widely available and accessible by local transport or by taxi/ Uber.
Volunteers Feedbacks 0 votes